Our New Doggie Stay Offerings
We Love Our Family Dogs, Too
Please call our Front Desk staff 207-363-3850 x 1 to inquire about room availability for your stay. We will add one dog bed and a complementary souvenir water bowl to your room, as we feel the rooms are best suited for just one dog.click any image for enlarged view
~ Doggie-Stay Policies Must be Followed ~
$50 per dog, per night
- Dogs are allowed in these select Lower Beach Rooms only. Phone Reservations only, 800-340-1130 extension 1.
- You may bring one dog weighing up to 60 lbs. However, Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers & German Shepherds of any size are not permitted.
- All dogs must be declared at check-in. Please provide us with your dog’s name & any special identifiable markings on the Sign-In Sheet when checking in.
- We require a cell phone number in case of emergency situations.
- Dogs may not be left unattended in guest room(s) and are not allowed on furniture or bedding.
- Dogs MUST NOT be bathed in your guestroom bathtub or shower.
- Excessive barking or disturbing our other guests will not be tolerated.
- If dog is left unattended, your room will not be cleaned or serviced for the safety of the dog and our staff.
- Dogs are not allowed in public seating areas within the Inn including Shearwater, the Upper Lobby, the game room, the Fitness Room or sauna, as well as our pools.
- Guest/Dog owner is responsible for picking up their dog’s feces and toys in/around the Inn.
- All dogs must be controlled and leashed at all times when outside the guest’s room.
- If there is any damage to the guest room during your stay, the dog owner/guest in that room will be responsible. If excessive cleaning is needed and/or if there is any damage to guest room(s) and furnishings, a fee will be imposed (starting at $150) to cover the full extent of cleaning/damage.
Our Lower Beach Guest Rooms are on our ground floor adjoining. There is no water view from these rooms as they are separated from the parking area with a privacy fence. Lower Beach Guest Rooms walk-out to a terrace with seating.
Adjacent to the Inn is Harbor Beach and a number of walking trails. Dogs are allowed on Harbor Beach from 6 am to midnight, October 15 through April 30. From May 1 to October 15, dogs are only allowed 6 am-8 am and 6 pm-midnight, leashed or under strict vocal control. In between dog-friendly hours, the adjacent “Fishermen’s Walk” is a great place to enjoy ocean views and four-paw mileage.
Lower Beach Deluxe Amenities
- Large credenza with a granite top for your personal items.
- Wall-mounted television.
- Indoor seating plus outdoor seating on your ground-floor patio.
- Private Bathroom with shower/tub combo with fold-down bench
- All Rooms in this category have two Double Beds
- Guest Safe
- Coffee Maker
- Small Refrigerator
- Terry Robes
All bathrooms in this category accommodate entry by wheelchair, but the wheelchair will not fit beside the toilet. Toilet seat riser may be requested, subject to availability. Patios are accessible through the slider.
Please note that we reserve the right to change our policies at any point, without prior notice. We hope this new offering is win/win, and ask your cooperation in making the transition a smooth one!